Time and again Trump has demonstrated that he sees his role in Government as serving and enriching himself and his family, not as a servant of the people. He has shown contempt for criticism in open, illegal and unethical transactions supported by a Republican Congress whose members cower in the face of his intimidation.
Trump appeals to his base by promoting divisive, bigoted, and discriminatory ideals. But most of all, he undermines the idea of a just and lawful society by eroding the independence of the Department of Justice and by using his puppet Attorney General as his own personal attorney to pursue questionable practices and investigations that favor him, his friends and his associates personally.
In just over three years of his presidency, Trump has:
- Destroyed the independence of the Department of Justice by maintaining a close and inappropriate relationship with Bill Barr, who acts as his personal counsel rather than as the attorney for the people of the United States.
- Condoned, if not promoted, Barr’s attempts to influence pending criminal cases, seeking the dismissal of the Flynn case and the reduction of the sentence in the Stone case.
- Arbitrarily fired US Attorneys when they either failed to cooperate (Preet Brahara) or when their investigations threatened to reach Trump, his family, or his properties (Geoffrey Berman).
- Indiscriminately fired Inspectors General, including Michael Atkinson who flagged the Ukraine whistleblower which resulted in his impeachment.
- Punished or fired witnesses who testified pursuant to subpoena at his impeachment trial while instructing White House employees to refuse to testify and refuse to cooperate.
- Fired Dr. Rick Bright as the Head of Biomedical Advanced Research for disagreeing with Trump’s misplaced penchant for Hydrochloroquin. Bright oversaw finding a vaccine for Trump’s mishandled Covoit-19 response.
- Enriched his own companies, violating the Emoluments Clause of the Constitution by opening his properties to foreign governments, political associates, and Government employees, often at excessive rates charged back to US taxpayers.
- Used Federal and State law enforcement to attack peaceful demonstrators in Lafayette Park for the sake of his photo op.
- Vilified Jeff Sessions for recusing himself from the Russia investigation by the Department of Justice.
- Commuted the sentence of convicted felon and close friend Roger Stone as reward for his refusal to give damaging testimony implicating the President.
Friends Don’t Let Friends NOT Vote!
The only way we can flip Florida blue this election is if we vote in huge numbers. Help a friend vote. Talk to them about how important their voice is this year. Know a young person who is eligible to vote for the first time? Talk with them about current events and make sure they vote early or show up at the polls on November 3.
With your help, we can and we will make a difference in our state, our country, and the world.
What Can You Do?
- Vote early!
- If you have a mail-in ballot, send it back immediately. It must arrive by Election Day or it will not be counted.
- Drop your mail-in ballot off at your Supervisor of Elections office OR any secure Early Voting dropbox in your county.
- Vote early in person! Click here for early voting days/hours/locations in your county.
- Vote for Joe Biden, and remind your friends and family to vote, too!
- If you do vote in person on November 3, you must go to your designated polling place. Find your poll location here.
Note: Our website contains no ads, we do not get paid for clicks, and no one on our team receives a salary or any other compensation. If you appreciate our mission and want to help us reach more voters, please consider making a donation via ActBlue. We are a Super PAC (political action committee) registered with the FEC, and every penny of your donation goes toward voter outreach via email, text, and social media campaigns.
Joe Biden’s Plan to Lead America
Learn more about Biden’s positions here: https://joebiden.com/americanleadership/