A letter received from a grandparent in Florida: “I was prepared to vote for President Trump until my oldest grandson, who cannot even vote yet, asked me, ‘why?'”
Don’t I care about the world in which he will live?
Don’t I care about the air he will have to breathe?
Don’t I care about his college costs?
He argued that I should think about him and the world he will be living in if Trump remains as president, and if his policies are not reversed.
In fact, all five of my grandchildren, when I talked about the coming election, mentioned the following issues and urged me to please vote for Biden/Harris, who will give rise to a world where:
- climate change is recognized and will be addressed
- scientific facts and real information are factors in decision making
- our relations with other nations is a priority
- health care is affordable
- college costs are not prohibitive
- student loans are addressed
- public education is funded for all including children with special needs
- all persons are treated equally
- democratic values and the rule of law are adhered to
Because of my grandchildren and the world in which they will live, I will vote for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, and so should you.
Friends Don’t Let Friends NOT Vote!
The only way we can flip Florida blue this election is if we vote in huge numbers. Help a friend vote. Talk to them about how important their voice is this year. Know a young person who is eligible to vote for the first time? Talk with them about current events and make sure they vote early or show up at the polls on November 3.
With your help, we can and we will make a difference in our state, our country, and the world.
What Can You Do?
- Vote early!
- If you have a mail-in ballot, send it back immediately. It must arrive by Election Day or it will not be counted.
- Drop your mail-in ballot off at your Supervisor of Elections office OR any secure Early Voting dropbox in your county.
- Vote early in person! Click here for early voting days/hours/locations in your county.
- Vote for Joe Biden, and remind your friends and family to vote, too!
- If you do vote in person on November 3, you must go to your designated polling place. Find your poll location here.
Note: Our website contains no ads, we do not get paid for clicks, and no one on our team receives a salary or any other compensation. If you appreciate our mission and want to help us reach more voters, please consider making a donation via ActBlue. We are a Super PAC (political action committee) registered with the FEC, and every penny of your donation goes toward voter outreach via email, text, and social media campaigns.